From breakfast to supper, from local delicacies to mouthwatering desserts, there are so many good food available for you in Malacca
Add to your knowledge, the availability and variety of food in Malacca is influenced by the assimilation of the Western culture into the local lifestyle of Malacca. You can find Western food like burgers and steaks, traditional chinese cuisine and also the delicacies of Baba Nyonya (fusion of Chinese and Malay). Here is a list of must-try foods in Malacca:
The Baboon House for burgers
The Daily Fix for pancakes and coffee
Chung Wah Coffee Shop for chicken rice balls
Limau Limau Café for wholemeal sandwiches
Restoran Pak Putra for Tandoori chicken and naan
Portuguese Settlement for baked fish and seafood
Tong Bee's Stall, Backlane Cockles for seafood
Jonker Walk Night Market for variety of local delights
Nadeje Patisserie Café for mille crêpe
Jonker 88 for Malacca sugar cendol
- Klebang Coconut Milkshake
Transportation and Rent
The travelling cost and accommodation in Malacca is slightly cheaper than in Kuala Lumpur. Here’s a comparison:
Away from the hustle and bustle of the concrete jungle in Kuala Lumpur, Malacca is well known for its diverse culture, lifestyle and unique heritage. Let’s hang out with your friends and make memories for your college life while studying!
- A’ Famosa
- Believe it or not, this gatehouse is the only remaining part of a Portuguese fortress used to protect the Portuguese kingdom. Remember to snap more photos with this magnificent brickwall and cannon, so you can update your Instagram!
- Christ Church
- As the oldest running Protestant church in Malaysia, this red building was built by the Dutchmen in commemoration of the centenary of the capture of Malacca from the Portuguese.
- Baba and Nyonya Heritage Museum
- A new culture formed by the mixed marriage of local Malays and Chinese immigrants in early years of Malacca, this group of people also known as the Peranakans. Visit this museum to find out more about the mix of Malay and Chinese culture!
To sum up, Malacca city is an ideal destination to stay and study. Remember to assimilate yourself in its vibrant culture, unique heritage and nice food while you’re busy paving your future path.